Friday 13 February 2015

Organise Your Closet


Being organised is something that does not come easily to me, I hate to say it, but I am the girl who's always late, who's always forgotten the wine/pudding/purse and I'm ALWAYS running around the house an hour before guests are arriving because the house looks like a bomb's hit it!

But then I had a baby, and the everlooming deadline of returning to work has made me re-evaluate the decision of being this girl, and becoming, at least the smallest bit, more orgainised and prepared.

I decided to begin this whole new me with my closet, therefore cutting out the sitting on the floor surrounded by a ton of clothes that no longer fit me, or anything thats not ironed, or nothing that should have ever been purchased in the first place!

So  I dragged the entire contents of my wardrobe and chest of drawers into our spare room and began by making piles of clothes that needed to be binned, could be donated or that I would keep.

I only kept items that I can currently wear, so nothing too big or small. I streamlined everything, because lets face it, who needs 15 t-shirts*

Once this was done I then decided to go through the clothes I was keeping and fix any issues, like button fixing. I then ironed everything and placed them all back.

I can't say its changed my life having a more organised closet, but my mornings are more calm now that I don't have to pick through an overstuffed drawer, especially now that Fred is requiring more attention, so my time is best spent else where!

*I didn't have 15 t-shirts, I did however have 4 skirts that have not fitted me since I was 17...I am now 29! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Blogger Template Made by pipdig